Welcome! The alpacas and farm life have become my constant teachers, and I have begun shifting my blog focus to reflect the lessons I am learning. I plan to share more thoughts and stories related to farm life in Grays Harbor County and carve out a space in the ethernet where one can stop, breathe, and think.

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Living the Dream

Over 10 years ago, I started imaging the day when I'd become an alpaca rancher. That dream finally became a reality 6 months ago. Unlike most people who start out with 3 or 4, we found a place that came with 23 alpacas!

Our official ranch name is Olympic Yarn and Fiber. Our primary goal is to create beautiful 100% made in the USA yarns with alpaca and other natural fibers from both our fleeces and those from other local farms.

Of course, the animals come first. It's been lots of hard work and a steep learning curve, but we're finally getting the hang of things. There's always something new to learn. That will probably never change. But the ebb and flow of a normal farm-life routine is beginning to materialize.

Now...enough talk. Here are some photos to enjoy.
Ciao for now,
Lynn


No comments:

Post a Comment