Welcome! The alpacas and farm life have become my constant teachers, and I have begun shifting my blog focus to reflect the lessons I am learning. I plan to share more thoughts and stories related to farm life in Grays Harbor County and carve out a space in the ethernet where one can stop, breathe, and think.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Sock Knit-A-Long

Despite my years of knitting, I have never knit socks. Thank goodness for Ravelry - and more specifically, the 1000 Things Alpaca group on Ravelry. When someone proposed a sock knit-a-long, I decided now was the time to jump in.

The majority vote picked this lovely free pattern, called Kalajoki. The wavy pattern in the socks resembles the meandering path of the Kalajoki river in Finland.

The Kalajoki River as pictured on http://yliveto.blogspot.com/2009/11/neuleohje-kalajoki-sukat.html
Kalajoki sock pattern as pictured on http://yliveto.blogspot.com/2009/11/neuleohje-kalajoki-sukat.html
Here is my work in progress:

I'm looking forward to a future with toasty warm alpaca socks! We've just started this project, so feel free to join us on Ravelry (it's free to join) for our KAL.

Ciao for now,
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment